I proofread in Case CATalyst (version 19) or PDF.
For PDF, I mark transcripts using red text and yellow highlighting right on the page. I return the annotated pages via e-mail in a PDF file. You must have the latest version of Adobe Reader to see my corrections.
Because I want to make sure my proofing aligns with your preferences, I have a Court Reporter Preference Sheet you can fill out. This is optional but will help me begin proofing to your style.
Printable PDF Rate Sheet
Sample PDF Transcript
Rates, Billing, and Policies
$0.40 per page
48-72 hour turnaround
$0.55 per page
24-48 hour turnaround
$0.75 per page
<24 hour turnaround
*Please make sure your work is turn-in-ready. It is much easier to catch mistakes when there aren’t excessive errors on each page.
Messy/Technical – add $0.10 per page
28+ Lines a Page – add $0.03 per page
Ask me about audio rates.
• Turnaround Time – I will send a confirmation e-mail as soon as possible after receiving the transcript and checking that the file is intact. Your turnaround time will begin from the time of this confirmation e-mail.
• I do not charge extra for weekends.
• Please let me know as soon as possible if you have a job that is 200 pages or more. I need to make sure I have room in my schedule to accommodate it.
• I mark transcripts using red text and yellow highlighting right on the page. I return the annotated pages via e-mail in a PDF file. You must possess the latest version of Adobe Reader to see my corrections.
• If you refer a client to me, you will receive a 10% discount (up to 100 pages) on your next transcript after the new client’s job is completed.
There is no limit to how many people you can refer! (Make sure you tell your referral to mention your name so that I can apply your discount).
• I send invoices twice a month on the 15th and 30th. Payment is expected within 30 days.
• For first-time clients, your invoice will be sent with your annotated transcript. Payment is expected within 7 days.
• Payments later than 30 days will incur a 10% late fee calculated from the invoice total; a new invoice will be sent with the updated outstanding balance.
• Preferred payment methods include checks, Google Wallet, PayPal, Venmo, PopMoney, and through the link on your invoice.
• No new jobs will be accepted from clients with outstanding invoices of more than 30 days.